Alfa Laval MBR membranes help Brasserie Goudale meeting its strong environmental goals
France-based brewery La Goudale is a multi-award-winning brewery with honours including World’s Best Style Winner in the World Beer Awards 2020. Alfa Laval MBR membranes help them meet their strong environmental goals.DATA 2021-09-15
Located in the pristine Regional Nature Park of Caps et Marais d’Opale, in Northern France, the brewery has a focus on making its environmental footprint as low as possible:
- Reducing water consumption
- Being CO2 neutral
- Releasing the clearest treated wastewater into the local environment.
Alfa Laval Benelux partnered with Pantarein to deliver the best possible solution to the customer in 2018. Pantarein, with its strong experience in wastewater treatment, chose Alfa Laval’s MBR membrane solution for its compact technology and the high quality of the treated effluent.
The simplicity of operating at low pressure combined with a low chemical consumption made the Alfa Laval LowResist MBR membranes an attractive solution.
The installation of MBR improved effluent quality as well as increasing the capacity of the treatment plant. The existing plant was a UASB plant followed by an conventionally activated aerobic sludge plant.
- 1919: Creation of the Grande Brasserie des Enfants de Gayant.
- 2016: Installation of the modern Brasserie Goudale in Arques
- 2019: Capacity increase and installation of the MBR plant.
- Brasserie Goudale produces 70 different types of beer and a total of one million hectolitres per year.
- 1,200m3 of treated water is released daily into the local river.